Summer is officially here and now that the days are longer, it means more time for the kids to enjoy outdoor playtime.
We covered 5 sun protection tips in Part 1. Now let’s take a quick look at some easy reminders to keep your little ones safe this season.
- Always wear protective gear (helmet included, if applicable)
- Play on a well-maintained court or field and make sure there’s proper lighting if playing in the evening
- Always report any injuries, as soon as possible
- Always wear a helmet and make sure it fits properly – this is a non-negotiable and an absolute must
- Always wear protective gear, such as pads
- Make sure your kids know the rules of the road (even when you’re accompanying them)
- Remind your kids to look out for cars coming out of driveways
- Make sure an adult is always supervising when your children are near water. Again, a non-negotiable
- Swim in lifeguard supervised pools, beaches and areas
- If on a boat, always remember a life vest
Be good, be safe!